RCU Forums - View Single Post - Robbe PT 15 Patrol boat review
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 08:43 AM
Temps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Robbe PT 15 Patrol boat review

the first thing i usually do when i start a kit is a bit of research on the real thing but in the case of this boat i found none so i had to go on my experience only for scaling the boat up .
now the construction begins to start i would say this kit is a easy to medium biuld kit some moddeling /boat expirence nessasery
upon opening the box you find lots of vacformed parts and laser cut wood / abs parts some are numberd but un fortunatley others are not so the best thing to start was to number the the un numberd parts for ease of construction also in the kit i found full scale plans and a multilanguage construction booklet .
The first part of construction was to fit bulk heads and drill holes for prop rudder assembleys so motor kit is needed straight away i also fiited radio tray and battery tray at this point now here the book sais to fit rudder servo and electrics i didnt as i like to be able to get to all parts after model is complete once gearbox engine is installed its time for the deck first of all you need to fit the deck supports round hull then fit deck to hull it sais to use ca here but i prefer two part resin as it can flex the deck is fitted in two parts upper and lower decks .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15367.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	109504   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50062.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	109505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24304.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	33.0 KB