RCU Forums - View Single Post - Glitch counters and PCM
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 08:57 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Glitch counters and PCM

ORIGINAL: Lynx

If you turn off the transmitter how can you have a reception error? NOTHING IS RECEIVED, think about it for a half second. A PCM glitch counter, means a signal was received but an error check said the data was incomplete, or out of range, so the data was discarded (failsafe event). If you turn the xmitter off no signal is received AT ALL, so no error can be detected because there is no signal to determine the existance of an error or not. To make the test relevant, put a spark gap interference producer (try a piezo lighter) RIGHT next to the transmitter anttenna and click it while it's transmitting, and see what happens. You may have to electricall connect the lighter to the antenna (Putting the metal cap next to it should work) to get the effect, but you'll see it.
Turning off the transmitter proves that the PCM system immediately takes over and supplies a correct pulse if the incoming signal is absent. It would do the same to any signal that does not meet its criteria.
I suggest you try your test and see. I am satisfied you will find the same results.