RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tarpon Springs, FL - Where to race boats?
Old 03-12-2004, 06:28 PM
pa_28r_200
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tarpon Springs, FL - Where to race boats?

That's a great question. I've been tinkering with getting back into boats. I live in New Port Richey, but work in Tampa. I know there is a club in Dover, but it's a long ways away. Somebody has put some course markers in the Lake Next to the Veterans Expressway just off of Anderson Road. It's all industrial over there and right next to the highway so I don't believe noise would be an issue. A couple of guys where running some .15 size boats there a couple a weeks ago and I stopped and talked to them. They said nobody has complained. According to one of the local shops, they've been running there for years. It seems like a great spot. The lake is huge. Let me know if you are interested in going over there..I've got a contact number for the other guys I talked to....

I might also add that there was gentleman in my airplane club (Bay City Flyers) who was into boats that had mentioned to me about a year ago that "they had recieved permission from the owner to run there.." but unfortunately he passed away recently.

Bruce
[email protected]