RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 7CAF ..placing order monday morning...read...
Old 03-17-2004, 09:28 AM
JohnC12
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 7CAF ..placing order monday morning...read...

Hello Everyone-

I first want to say that I really like the 7C, however please take a look at my posting I posted in another string. For those who want to setup mulitiple servos through PMIX, beware.

I just recently purchased the 7C for my Great Planes Pitts Special. This plane requires the use of 4 servos in the wings and 2 servos in the elevator. I specifically purchased this radio so I could mix all these servos together. (Accroding to Futaba specs and the website, this radio can do this.) However, when I started setting up all the control surfaces, I found that I could mix channels 2 and 5 (elevator) and 1 and 7 (ailerons) though I couldnt get the slave servo to adjust with the trim tabs. Basiclly, I can only adjust one servo which is the master. I contacted Futaba Technical Support and they advised that it seems that the Futaba development team left out this feature on the 7C. (Though they said this is available on the 9C.) They advised they would look into this matter and get back to me later this week once they find out a solution. (Is there one?)

Zero- I see in your posting that you said this could be done using the 7C. Have you accomplished this task and if so, how? I'm at the end stages of building my Pitts and would like to take care of this problem without having to use Y-Harnesses.

I will update this posting once I hear back from Futaba, meanwhile I'd be a cautious buying this radio if you want to mix two servos together and have the ability to control the trims on both the master and slave servos.

Again, any help with this problem would be appreciated!