RCU Forums - View Single Post - GWS flight packs
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2004, 09:39 AM
Myron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GWS flight packs

Thanks for the input guys!.. Would it be possible to put a small/light voltage regulator on a homemade 11.1 volt pack and be safe?.... I have access to tons of high end laptop battery packs that are not even in production. We have to "destroy" them as part of our agreement with Dell. I am new to the whole electric model craze that is going on and I am very intriuged by the whole process...
Back to the battery questions though.... Are there ESC's out there that can handle 11.1 volts safely, and what about a charger for said pack? All the laptop batteries that we get have either 1.2 or 3.7 volt cells. The cells I was thinking about using came from an 11.1 volt 3800 Mah pack using 6 cells.. I was under the impression that 3 cells are serial and there are 3 cells piggy backed on those in parallel to get the Mah of 3800... Meaning that the 3 cells in series would be 1/2(1900Mah) the total rating of the whole pack.. Seems like the more I learn, the more I am beating a dead horse when it comes to using these laptop batteries... Bad thing is, I see Li-poly engineering samples coming through here and we have to destroy the pack itself but we can do whatever we want to with the cells. I am just dying to make something work!

Myron