RCU Forums - View Single Post - Glitches on 9CAP with 127DF (PPM mode)
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2004, 06:48 PM
SkyDude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glitches on 9CAP with 127DF (PPM mode)

Greetings,

While my 9CAP awaits for my lazy behind to get my Ultimate done, I decided I'd set it up to fly my Avistar Select. My Avistar has always performed great with the included SkySport radio, but I thought I would get used to programming the 9CAP with it.

My Avistar has the 127DF reciever which was installed already as part of the Select package. It's on Ch 44, same as my 9CAP. I set the 9CAP to PPM mode and set all the correct servo directions, ATLs and expo rates. When in my house, it seemed to work fine.

The first flight seemed to go flawlessy. Nice feel to the 9CAP and I was happy. The second time just before I was going up, I noticed a few twitches on the plane while on the ground. It wasn't terrible, and I attributed it to the fact that I had just fast charged both the 9CAP and rx battery. I waited for a while, and didn't notice any more twitching on the ground, so up she went. It seemed OK, but then I got periodic twitches while in flight. They seemed to happen about every 30-45 seconds. Nothing terrible (but it was obviously glitching) and the twitches only lasted a second or so. I landed safely after only about three-four minutes cause it made me nervous.

I brought out the trusty SkySport and flew the Avistar again. It worked great with absolutley no problems.

This twitchy-ness with the 9CAP in PPM mode now has me worried. Is there something I missed in setting it up? I haven't tried it with other recievers yet, but I'm wondering if I should send it back for tuning service or exchange.

I'm planning to use it on some nice planes (GP Lancair, VectorFlight Edge) in PPM mode and a DP Ultimate 120 in PCM mode, so I want to make sure it's reliable.

Any ideas on what caused the twitching or how to test to make sure this radio is OK?

Thanks much for your help.