RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 6XAS Reversing throttle feel to bottom of throw
Old 03-31-2004, 09:10 PM
FlyerBry
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 6XAS Reversing throttle feel to bottom of throw

Hi all, I have a Futaba T6XAS transmitter and I am setting up the radio to work with a Great Planes Piper Cub that I bought second hand. My question revolves around the throttle and the reversing features. To have the throttle servo work properly with the servo installation in the plane I had to reverse the throttle channel (#3) so it would be moving in the proper direction. While tuning the engine in my garage I realized that the engine accelerates more in the first half of the throttle stick travel than in the second half of the travel which is the reverse of what it should be. It should be giving the more delicate control around idle and not wide open.

Later that evening I checked my manual and noticed the mention of the TREV menu option which allows you to reverse the throttle stick. Figuring this is what I needed I changed the setting on the TREV menu so the throttle would be reversed. Tonight I went out to tune the engine some more after installing a new plug in the engine. Upon starting, the engine immediately went to full throttle when I had the throttle stick set at only a couple clicks from bottom. I immediately figured that I had the setup reversed and verified this by moving the throttle stick all the way to the top and the engine started to idle.

I remembered that I had originally reversed the servo throw on the REV menu before reversing the stick setting on the TREV menu so I figured I needed to go back to the REV menu and set the throttle channel back to its normal throw direction. I did this, but found the throttle stick still worked in the opposite way with full throttle being all the way down and idle being all the way up. It seems as if reversing the throttle in the TREV menu reversed both the direction of the throttle servo and where the fine control in the stick lands.
I can fly it this way (with the throttle set to go in the correct direction as I originally had it) but would like to get it working properly so the engine isn't running at close to full speed at half throttle.

Anyone dealt with this before? [&:]