RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 6XAS Reversing throttle feel to bottom of throw
Old 04-01-2004, 08:03 AM
J.Paul Saure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 6XAS Reversing throttle feel to bottom of throw

Just to be clear:

1- The TREV function specifies if you want the trim lever to work on high throttle or low throttle. Set it so it works on low throttle and you can adjust the idle and shut down the engine with the trim lever.
2- The REV function specifies if you want the throttle open with stick forward or back. Around here (and it seems everywhere) the standard is full throttle=forward stick.

OK, now for your question, and what I think you are trying to explain/ask:
Yes, I've seen that most engines are more sensitive to the "first halve" of the throttle control. To make the throttle more "linear", or even make it a little more delicate around idle, you need NEGATIVE EXPO on the throttle channel. I use around -20% to -30% depending on the plane and engine. Check it out, maybe you dialed POSITIVE EXPO on the throttle (that would make the throttle around idle even more sensitive!). The same goes for the other channels, you need NEGATIVE expo to make the controls work smoother, not positive expo!

One last thing: Throttle EXPO works from one end of the throttle stick (same side as the throttle trim selected on TREV), while on the other channels (aileron, elevator, rudder) it works around center stick.

The 6XAS is a great radio! I've seen a lot of people buy it and never use the 3 channel dual rates or the 4 channel EXPO!!!!!! (those were the main reasons for me to buy it)