RCU Forums - View Single Post - C160 transall build
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2004, 09:15 PM
sbaugz
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: C160 transall build

Yes, the CMpro, and Flair(in the UK) and GSP (USA) all sell the same version of the C160. They are all made by China Model Products. That would be really cool to see one of these decked out in UN scheme.

Maybe the experts can back me up on this one, but the most important thing in an engine out situation is having a rudder that can counteract the extra torque produced by having only one engine working. In an engine out, the plane will tend to turn towards the engine out because of the torque of the firing engine. In that situation, you need to either drop the throttle down in the working engine to lessen the torque on that side, or you need to have an effective enough rudder to couteract that working engines torque. Apparantly the C160 works well in an engine out situation because it does have a very large rudder. All you need to do, is realize that the engine is out and provide rudder input to couteract it.

Another option is to put an inexpensive gyro on the rudder servo. The gyro will automatically provide the rudder input needed to stabilize the plane. I have heard of people using this technique, although it probably isn't necessary in the C160.