RCU Forums - View Single Post - Please Help Me>>> Bonanza Tail Dragger
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2002, 12:06 AM
INJUN_EAR
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help Me>>> Bonanza Tail Dragger

Originally posted by rc_sport
Sounds like you have the Cg all wrong, don't always go by what the instructions tell you. Look in last months Model Airplane News there is a great article on how to calculate CG. A nose heavy plane will be hard to take off and will land hard on its nose gear. Personally I'd check the CG again before any mods are made.

Ordinarily I would agree, however this is a pig of an airplane.
Mine has 2 1/2 pounds in the nose and the plan is clearly in error concerning the CG. This had been talked about many times on it's first kit release a few years ago.
This airplane is inherently tailheavy. I can understand his frustration.
Making it a taildragger however would be extremely difficult, if not impossible. This was/is the last Top Flite airplane I'll ever build. They (Great planes were evasive, and downright denied that there was any problem with this airplane at all, despite all the complaints about the ridiculous power plant they recommended and the obvious CG problem on the plan.
Top Flite kits are extremely tedious and time consuming to build, and unnecessarily so.
It's no mystery to me why their Giant Scale airplanes are poor sellers, making choices like the use of their own junker, the US41.
I guess they're the biggest now so they can be the most arrogant.