RCU Forums - View Single Post - S&T SRX-M8 Receiver
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 08:10 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: S&T SRX-M8 Receiver

Maybe I am being a little premature, but I have not heard anything from Sky-Technologies, yet, concerning the problems I have identified below. I even went to their website and sent them a detailed email.

At the bottom of this thread, I have the response from tlrascal, but I have not heard any more from either him or Sky-Technologies, however, it has only been a few days.

Here is the email I sent to Sky-Technologies:

To: [email protected]
Subject: Gold Receiver SRX-M8

I purchased your product, at the Toledo, Ohio Trade Show, this month.

During testing, I programmed the receiver for Transmitter 1 on Ch18 PPM and Transmitter 2 on Ch39 PPM.
Transmitter 1 was a Futaba 8AUPS, set to PPM - all parameters set to default
Transmitter 2 was a Futaba 9CAP, set to PPM - all parameters set to default

I had a Hitech 5625 high torque digital servo connected to channel 1 and a Futaba 3003 low torque analog servo connected to channel 2.

I programmed both transmitters to turn on the Trainer feature and verified that as I pushed the Trainer switch, the Off/On appeared in the LCD display of each transmitter.

I turned on Transmitter 1 and was able to operate both servos without incident. I turned on Transmitter 2 and turned off Transmitter 1 and was able to operate both servos without incident.

In another test, I turned on Transmitter 1, while Transmitter 2 was off, and I could operate both servos. While leaving Transmitter 1 on, I turned on Transmitter 2 and tried to switch control to Transmitter 2 by operation the Trainer switch on Transmitter 1. I could not switch to Transmitter 2 unless I turned off Transmitter 1, first.

In another test, I turned on Transmitter 1 (on Ch18), verified that I could operate the servos, and then I turned on a JR transmitter that also was on Ch18. The receiver was not programmed for the JR transmitter. The servos began to jitter and I could not control them with Transmitter 1 even when the JR transmitter was moved 25ft away from the receiver.

Can you please explain how I can switch between Transmitter 1 and Transmitter 2 without turning off either transmitter. If I want to use this feature as a Wireless Buddy Box, it is not useful to me unless the person conducting the training (the one holding Transmitter 1) can switch back and forth from Transmitter 1 to Transmitter 2 and back to Transmitter 1 again. This is because the person being trained is not skilled enough or fast enough to give control back to Transmitter 1. Also, what is the advantage of memorzing the Signature of a given transmitter if you still get interference from another transmitter on the same frequency. I don't see where it is giving me any more security from interference caused by someone else accidentally turning on a transmitter, on my frequency, while I am flying.

Thanks!!

Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:10:10 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Gold SRX-M8 Receiver
To: [email protected]
X-Mailer: 9.0 for Windows sub 5106
X-Virus-Scanned: Symantec AntiVirus Scan Engine
Original-recipient: rfc822;[email protected]

I am going to forward your email