RCU Forums - View Single Post - Brushless motor from a CD drive
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2004, 02:59 PM
johnathan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brushless motor from a CD drive

Guys
As for the 6 magnet polls I wound the tripple with 10 turns [speed] and used 6 magnet polls n-s-n-s-n-s speed and connected in a star or Y patern tork and low amperage. When you double or tripple the number of stators the rpm of the bell [Kv] per volt of input power drops buy the mutiple . ''A quote from Ron a well know LRK and cdrom guru While keeping the same number of winds: yes. Increasing the stator stack height by x, decreases Kv by the same factor. Three stators and same number of winds gives you Kv/3.''

What this means is with 12 mag poles the motor would turn slower than 6 .[more distance between mag polls means more speed for same pulse of power ] And I wound with 10 turns [hot wind] to make up for the bell only spinning 1/3 as fast as a single stator. To have eficency the stator should be full of copper so I used a thicker wire and less turns.
See what I am getting at it is all becaws 3 stators spin 1/3 as fast as 1 but more powerful than 1 ! I am new at this myself but once you get going you catch on pretty quick.

jeremygaughan
The little popfly used to fly with a johnson 280 brushed. Now with the cdr single much more fun alot faster also longer flight times. Remember that you are hauling a $55 speed controll around so protect it with some type of structure but alow good airflow !

helisfreak
As far as heli motors I havent done one but there are many posts on the other forum under power section if you search LRK. Search LRK under power section on rcgroups.Good luck to all . Johnathan[&:]