RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 Twist 3D
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2004, 10:27 PM
Combat 20
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Twist 3D

I have not assembled my Twist yet, but have been reviewing the instructions. Pages 30 thru 32, steps 1 thru 10, illustrate assembly of the elevator linkage installation. Problem I foresee is that the elevator servo is being shown mounted on the left side of the fuselage which is the lower of the already cut-out servo holes. Shouldn't that hole be used for the rudder servo to maximize rudder control rod clearance with the elevator? What I am suggesting that is that the elevator should actually be mounted on the right side of the fuselage and the rudder on the left side. Should anyone look at the pictures and get confused; note that the pictures are up-side-down.

One change I intend to make to the elevator and rudder linkages is to stiffen the control rod with carbon fiber tube. The added weight is minimal, but control rod stiffness is much improved. The modification is simple: make the z-bend, slip a length of carbon fiber tube over the control rod, secure with CA, then attach the nylon clevis.