RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flair 1/4 Scale PT-17 Stearman Review
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2004, 08:44 PM
Cybertom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flair 1/4 Scale PT-17 Stearman Review

Thanks Mark,

Congratulations on finding a great Gal! Give her my best! Got to LOVE EM!

You know my wife is the reason I bought the Stearman kit. I had the Great Planes Tiger Moth and was going to build the Flair Tiger Moth kit. My wife said you already have one of those, why don't you build this one.

I did a some research on the Stearman and basically fell in love with it. What a tough airplane, and lots of history behind it. I couldn't believe that it's rated for 13 positive G's and 9 negative! No wonder they were used for crop dusting. Load her up with all that chemical weight and slap on a big Jacob's radial to pull her out at the end of the field before she hits the power lines! What a beast!

There is only one Army paint scheme that I know of and many NAVY variations. I found a full scale that I chose to model on airliners.net. That site has tons of Stearman photo's. I included those on my DVD along with my construction photo's.

PS,
I have video clips of the Robart R780 in my Stearman while it's flying and a clip of my Saito 325R5D radial running on a test stand. I could probably knock out a small MPEG video if anyone is interested in hearing both engines run.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62345.jpg
Views:	1014
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	124991