RCU Forums - View Single Post - Li-Po Batteries
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2004, 12:26 AM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Li-Po Batteries

Hi Chuck

I fail to see how trying to educate people equates to a ban on Li batteries. The danger is that some will not be exposed to the information contained in DB’s article. We need another rule like we need a hole in the head.

As far as my not paying attention, it seems to me that I was the first one to note that rule 9 appeared out of thin air. The only other recent change to the safety code that I have a problem with is the one about autonomous flight. IF Hal deBolt comes back and says the AMA had no choice but to do something, anything, at the time, due to pressure from government bodies, I will accept that as fact. It may be there was little, if any choice. In conversations that I have had with the other EC members, that is exactly the way they felt. There was no time, they had to decide now, based on the fact the safety code was to be printed within days of the vote. Hindsight is always 20/20 and this may be another case where this is true… or it may not. If Mr. deBolt comes back and says he does not believe it was necessary, that’s good enough for me, as well. It's possible that this was a rule that was passed, knowing the subject would have to be revisited later.

I have re-read DB’s column several times now, and can’t see the threat you do. Give the devil his due.