RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spectra Module
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2004, 07:13 PM
rjmdubois

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spectra Module

I am not a certified FCC/AMA/XXX/YYY tester, just a humble electronic engineer, but I have two evidences:

. We do have a frequency scanner at our club and a few months ago we did an interference test with 4 spectras in two 8U and tree 9C and in any case the spread interference was comparable to the original Futaba module.

. I've been flying at 72.110 with the spectra on a 9C for over two years. A very good colleague uses 72.090, with spectra on a 8U and we never had any noticeable interference. We both fly 33% gassers.

I've been loyal to Futaba for more than 10 years, but a few years ago I stop to buy Futaba servos. My newest two receivers are Hitec (I still Use Futaba's PCM), and now I am seriuously considering going to Multiplex TX. I think futaba is very good quality, but they are frozen in time. Despite the wonderful support (best in class), the product line is usually outdated and expensive.

I'm sure Futaba has the technology to produce a clone of the Spectra Module -- actually is on their 2004 brochure. Maybe is just more profitable to keep selling Crystal Modules and foment the idea that one will burn in hell if use competitors solutions.