RCU Forums - View Single Post - New RC Boat Questions
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2004, 07:20 AM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New RC Boat Questions

1)Where is the best place to buy props and what size, pitch, blade # is best?
2) what brand of 2 cycle oil is best? what ratio is best?
3) how often do you need to grease the shaft going to the prop? WHat is the best way to do this and what type of grease do you use?

4)Do I need to add lubricant to the throttle cable? if so what kind?

5) what is the best after run oil?
Answers

1) Rocketcity Racing or the BAY ... would suggest a 472 or a Prather 275
2)Any quality oil will work . Some would say to only use synthetics , and some will say only use naturals ... of course , this choice is the end users . Ratio - usually 7 ouncs per gallon is a good mix for playboating ( and some racers also use this ratio too )
3)you should grease the flex shaft and prop stub ever day
4) should not be necessary , but , you can do this. I personally squirt some WD40 on the cables every week or so to make sure no oxidization forms .
5) on a Homie and these weedeater style engine , you do not use after run . If anything , simply try and make sure that when you shut her down and let her cool , try and let the piston be on the downstoke ... not necessary , but a good way to cool the motor .
These motors do not use castor oils in them , like the nitros , which will gum up on ya and that is one of the main reasons for after-run oil . ( although , that , too , is not needed if ou properly cool your engine down and wipe off excess oil buildups and drips )
Tip - when you get out to the lake/pond . ALWAYS do a radio check BEFORE popping the boat in the water . This way , not only have you checked for any gltiching , but also are then sure that your radio ( tx and rx ) are both on and won't have a boat screaming across your local lake/pond uncontrollable .
Also , NEVER run near ANYONE , whether swimming , boating , or fishing ... loss od control and possible damage to anyone or anything , and you'll have one nice lawsuit on your hands .
Remeber there are two most important thing with boats ...
1) Safety is ALWAYS first and running a close second
2) Have fun