RCU Forums - View Single Post - ATOMIC FORCE motor Sucks!
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 04:06 PM
Talontsi96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ATOMIC FORCE motor Sucks!

Well it does sound good that I should have done this and not that and I should have returned it etc. The only problem is that I didnt know that it was the motor for sure so I wanted to check things out. I got a surprise when I tried taking the motor apart. Then it became a challenge to get the thing apart and of course the only way to take it apart was to start bending these stiff tabs and there just was no way of bending them back without scratching things up a bit.

In any event I'm pretty sure it was the motor because I put my old FUBRED Fusion motor back in the heli with some new brushes and the Heli had alot more power, untill the Fusion Died completely. I put the AF back in and whoopie 6 inches off the ground is all I could get with it. Its still possible that its the charger and my batteries are not charged to full capacity but I really doubt it considering that they are about 9V even under a load of 5A. I think its the motor. Like I said its not the end of the world, just $35CAN out of my pocket. I really need to go brushless. Does anyone know how to make sure that the batteries are charged to full capasity and what the no load amperage of the AF motor should be? Like I mentioned before I get about 5A with the AF turning at full speed with no load.