RCU Forums - View Single Post - Drift Cars
Thread: Drift Cars
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2004, 02:47 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Drift Cars

ORIGINAL: WhiskyVR-4
Each of those parts can be had separately to make your car work exactly the same way. . . buy a used TC3 and throw some ABS on the wheels and yer set, and you have a car that, with touring tires, could be highly competitive if you wanted to race it. You can also get associated TC3 parts at nearly any hobby store, which is more than I can say for yokomo.
I looked at the parts listing at Yokomo USA too. I also own a Yokomo YRX-12WE which lists lots of "Associated" parts as replacement parts except for the silver surface graphite chassis. However, it still appears that the answer to my original question is "NO" and quite frankly, I don't want to use "pipe" as tires.

ORIGINAL: BovineD
There is a great review of the Yokomo in the June issue of R/C Car. From the review it does seem like a nice niche car for somebody who just wants to drift out of the box and does not know how to. The tires seems to be of a nice design as there are two grooves in the tires where plastic rings are installed to facilitate the tire spinning goodness. If anything the lexan bodies are very nicely done. Definitely for those that already have a 1/10 racer and extra cash lying around.
Thanks for the information BovineD--I actually do have a Losi XXX-S lying around that I've only driven twice. For your information, here is another link I found at YokomoUSA: http://www.usdrift.com