RCU Forums - View Single Post - Miss Bud Anti-Ventilation Plate
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Fred Drew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Miss Bud Anti-Ventilation Plate

Hey Monitor,
Free advice is worth its price. But you are exactly right. The bigger the better! The depth of the rudder mount, mine is 3"s wide and I painted mine the same color as the boat. There is ABSOLUTELY no cutting or any of the other crap others think. Any old piece of plactic will do. I epoxied mine flush with the bottom and should do more but I only knock it off when I hit a buoy just wrong, otherwise the boat jumps out of the water when I set it in as these boats need to be rich giving it a high idle. I have run other props and there are reasons the maker of the boat use this prop. $1.30 is the best, plus if you hit something (not that we would) the prop strips and the rest of the drive stuff is spared. I tried other props with up to 45% fuel and the incremental relative is marginal.(The props are $40 by the time their are balanced correctly.) I feel the greatest reason to stay standard is to maximize the life of the engine and reduce the cost of racing to a minimum. I spend money racing for fun, not figuring out a way to be able to claim I am faster than a guy in Florida. If you haven't already install autobailers on either side at low point in back. Water proof the receiver with a disposable glove cut up or like I am trying is a ballon tied tight with rubber bands on each end. If you get it going and start running it regularly install nylon ties on either end of the nylon exhaust coupler, will save you headaches. I already paid for this mistake no sense in you paying too.

I feel the true power is standardization so a few folks can race. Racing increases the fun 10 fold. In fact I got real bored real quick just running gas through although when you finally get the thing going it is quite fun just running for awhile. The excitement racing brings is undescribable to me. I hit a buoy, did a 360 degree flip and kept going. Of course I have flipped over many more times. Coming hard to a corner if I don't let off a little and I run into wake from another boat, that little difference in air cause flips and unfortunately never 360!

I heard they were going to make an Oberto? If you hurt the boat or get tired of it I will buy what is left as spare parts help as we often take each other out.

Happy Boating.