RCU Forums - View Single Post - how many pounds does a gallon of water weight?
Old 06-10-2004, 12:01 PM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: how many pounds does a gallon of water weight?

ORIGINAL: blwblw

I've had to use both systems and I prefer the U.S. over metric. Metric is kinda like soccer IMO. It just won't take over here and never will, even if the rest of the planet loves it. I don't care if metric is based on 10s. If you want accuracy that bad, go binary and forget the 10 based crap. If someone forces me to use metric, I just memorize the conversion factors and do it in my head back to U.S. standard. Did that for years when I lived, drove, shopped, and flew in Europe.

Another thing about 10 base- if you lose a finger to a prop you are up ***** creek anyway with metric. (g)

It ain't exactly a standard system thru out Europe anyways if you consider all of the British standards. If you are an American flying around in Europe and have dealings with English aviation, you have to know 3 standards. U.S., metric, and British. I'm not knocking the British at all. They have their standards and it works for them. I kinda like that. I keep hoping they don't adopt the Euro anyway. Individuality isn't a bad thing, and it certainly isn't holding England back.

We've done pretty well on this side of the ocean with our non-metric systems. We haven't forced it on the population and still went to the moon a few times. In real life dollars and cents, it would cost billions to completely convert over to be like almost everyone else.
ROFLMAO

Is that imperial or binary dollars and cents?