RCU Forums - View Single Post - any known flaws of the savage 25 rtr?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 10:41 AM
tjaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: any known flaws of the savage 25 rtr?

OK, thx. I don't know what does mods ar but I'm looking into it.

About the MT2, it's a very nice truck. Can't tell you if it's the best 4WD 1/10 truck out there, but I like it. Truck seems well build (if you get the diffs sorted out and properly build the slipper clutch). I haven't broken anything in the 2 months I own it (I don't act all crazy with it, but I do use it as it should be used ). Out of the box it does something like 50km/h (32mph), I think (on the website of hpi, they say something about 66km/h (42mph), but that is whith the optional 15T pinion and 49T spur). The T-15 is a nice engine (very easy to start, very easy to tune, holds it tune good, an very reliable), but there are defenitly more powerfull engines out there. The stock air filter and stock pipe are not the very good. I hear that people who changed those got a lot more out of the T-15. But I haven't done it yet. If your friend does buy the MT2, I suggest he checks the diffs and slipper clutch (go the nitro stadium truck forum on RCU and look for a thread titled "tips for hpi mt2 owners". It contains links where it is explained what exactly to check).