RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2004 Alabama Big Bird Fly IN - RCRC - 9-10-July
Old 06-23-2004, 03:32 PM
rfw1953
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2004 Alabama Big Bird Fly IN - RCRC - 9-10-July

Gene, John is right. This issue has been beaten to death on RCU among other places as well. If you guys travel together, and came to the event last year together, then surely you and your friends know by now that we have changed the format to prohibit 3D during this event. I find it hard to believe that any of your group had any intentions of coming to begin with, so why was it even necessary to say so, unless the intentions were for nothing more than to attempt to discredit the event, bring up old news and bad feelings. I was sincere in my response. It seems perfectly fine for you guys to go to something like this.

Looks like the next big one will be Hot Springs AK on July 23-25th. It will be an Extreme Aerobatic Club event.
If it's really OK for us to organize a NON-3D event, then let us do so without all the fuss and negativity.

We were honest last year with all pilots and we have been upfront about the changes to the event format this year as a result of the issues which occurred last year. I have personally drawn attention to the format change when posting the event and in providing updates as the date for the event nears. There is a detailed response on our website to the very accusations being brought up, again. The response was written by me and it explains in detail the history behind this matter. If anyone feels it is necessary to go there, here is the link to the site with the clubs position on this matter.

http://www.rocketcityrc.com/events/2...d-letter2.html

Here is the link outlining the 2004 format, which includes a response from the Club President and the CD for this event.

http://www.rocketcityrc.com/events/2...4-BigBird.html

Sincerely,

Roger F. Woodward
Asst. CD
2004 Alabama Big Bird Fly In