RCU Forums - View Single Post - A Traxxas Revo for $75.00????
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2004, 06:51 AM
Dirt-biter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Traxxas Revo for $75.00????

Hi, I'm new here.... punched "traxxas revo" into search and this thread came up.

I've asked the same question here:

http://www.wildhobbies.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1267

Now here's what I think about this e-book stuff: Firstly, if someone has done this, what does the ebook roughly tell you to do? Does it show you how to get a Revo from THEM or from a Distributor or Traxxas or a Hobby store?

See, the products go from Traxxas, directly to a distributor (like horizon hobby), and nowhere else. The distributor then sends them out to local retailers and/or hobby stores. Thats where you buy the stuff.

Now my question is, where do they get these trucks? And for how much? I'll bet you the $75 that they do NOT get them from Traxxas. And they MIGHT get them from a distributor. (distributors normally want a picture of your storefront, tax ID number, etc.)

So, wherever and whenever they get these things, they are trying to make some money. Obviously! And obviously, they think that doing it the ebook way will earn them MORE profit then selling the trucks straight to you for the right price ($470). And naturally, if they make more profit than selling them normally, you, the customers, will be spending more. Like was being discussed before, a certain precentage of people them get them cheap, the others get nothing. In the end, if you do all the math, they make more profit them the legitamite people, and that's assuming THERE'S A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE!

Use your brain and figure out the possible ways people can do this, it just doesn't make sense. I don't even think Traxxas can make a truck for $75. Stealing is the only way you could give everybody a Revo for that price.

I read the ads and red flags start popping up all over in my head.