RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio in Boat problems??
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 05:28 PM
RussF
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radio in Boat problems??

ORIGINAL: hellomynameisdookie

This is a commercially made boat. It's the Aquacraft Hammer (electric, RTR). I have replaced the motor with a Monster Maxx wild motor, the stock esc with a Traxxas esc (the one from the Blast), and replaced ALL of the radio gear (tx, rx, and now the steering servo), and dangit it still does it!

What is a cap?

The only thing left of the boat is the driveshaft! By any crazy chance, when I put the boat in the water could the water be pushing up on the prop and driveshaft and causing some kind of interference? If so, how do I fix this? I'm lost on this one.

The drive shaft is the problem most likely. I also have a Hammer EP and experienced the same problems on about my 5th battery or so. The prop shaft is steel and the tube it goes through is brass. The tube has a sleeve at each end that the shaft rides on. The grease in that area cant last long and doesnt. Just pull out the prop shaft and re-grease both ends and that should help alot. It did for me. Keep it greased often and you should minimize the glitching problem.