RCU Forums - View Single Post - Blue Thunder Gas
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2004, 08:18 PM
Madd_Maxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blue Thunder Gas

gofaster72:

I have been using cool power 15% (from the airplane isle of my LHS) in all my planes and trucks since I got my first T-Maxx back in late '99. I have several planes with motors in them sized from .40 to .46 that run fine on the full synthetic oil cool power(green stuff)....you can also get the castor/sys blended oil in omega fuels (pink stuff) from morgan as well. My T-Maxx doesn't seem to know the difference between the fuels designed for airplanes verses the car fuels but my wallet sure does.

A gallon of cool power 15% at my LHS is $12.49 a gallon and I get a small discount if I buy fuel by the case instead of only single gallons which makes it a GREAT bargain compared to the car fuels that range in price of 24-28 bux a gallon down the car aisle. I guess you are worried about a truck motor's life running it on plane fuel but the cool power is 17% oil and it seems to provide me with a very long motor life while using it. The stock motor that came in my first Maxx (the old trx.15 blue head motor) that everyone complained about being junk from day one ran flawlessly for me for over 9 gallons without the need for a re-build. I finally killed that old motor doing doughnuts on wet concrete which resulted in an overreved motor with a busted crankshaft. The motor dying had nothing to do with the fuel it was MY FAULT for being down right stupid and having way to much fun.

Bottom line is if you feel ok about paying twice as much for car fuel by all means go ahead and buy it. I'll stuck to my old cool power and save myself some money in the process.

Madd_Maxx