RCU Forums - View Single Post - Just crashed my trainer this evening.
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2004, 08:03 PM
animal mother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just crashed my trainer this evening.

I started out with a Calmato Trainer which accidentally crashed on it's second day of flying. I had problem with the engine at the beginning, but managed to get it run perfectly the second day before I went flying. My friend and I went to the golf course (which is a sand golf course) and started the engines and toke off. I flew for about 5 min. and then it happend. Low level flight and in a turn. My friend started saying that I should turn the other way which made me confused and made me turn even more to same direction I was turning and then,,,, smash, into the sand. I was lucky enough that I could repair the aircraft but the impact crater was about 4 in. deep. I ordered a new plane the same evening and some parts. It didn't take me long before I was air born again with the new model. The one that crashed has been ready to take off for about two weeks now but I just needed the engine.
I live in Kangerlussuaq on Greenland which actually is just an airport but it is the gateway to the rest of Greenland. We are allowed to use the hot spot or the apron to take off from as long as there aren't any aircrafts.
This evening I called a friend of mine and asked him if he'd like to join me. It was a bit windy but I took the chance. It went great the last time.
I started the engine and toke off. I was about to make my second round when a gust sent the plane directly to the tarmac. I tried to pull up but it was too late. The crash has wrecked the engine to three pieces and I might get the aircraft out flying again.