RCU Forums - View Single Post - Entry Level Gas Aerobat!!
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004, 08:31 AM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Entry Level Gas Aerobat!!

Most people choose a gas plane for either of 3 reasons:

1) Because it's something new to learn and get into

2) It's lower cost to operate (fuel costs)

3) They want to fly larger planes that glow can't handle (or would be too costly to operate on their budget)

If you want to experiment with gas... then consider a larger profile from ohiomodelplanes.com with a Roto or MVVS gas engine.

If you want to fly a larger plane (bigger DOES fly better) then do look at the 50cc class planes... Wild Hare Edge/Extra, BME Edge, Chip Hyde Double Vision, EF 87" Yak.

Yes you will have more money in it, but you will simply love the experience... especailly if you get either the 87" Yak or DV... these planes are the bomb. I haven't flown an 87" Yak but did the 67" most forgiving, performing plane I've ever owned. The DV is right on it's heels. Walls and elevators are spectacular... like no attempt at snapping at all... I hhave the BME Edge but won't get it together anytime soon, and I have flown both a WH Edge & Extra... didn't like them as much do to their tendency to snap with too much elevator. It's mormal for Edges & Extras, but when you fly a plane that doesn't exhibit such things... woowee mate!

A good 50cc engine will set you back $600 with muffler... BUT keep this in mind... the resale value of a 50cc engine is high as there are so many choices to put it in... a smaller gas engine will be harder to move off...

The 50cc planes will still use the same number of servos as a smaller one, just maybe a little stronger...

BTW... I believe the DVs are in stock now and the EF Yaks will be in around the 8th of September...