RCU Forums - View Single Post - KMP Cessna Skymaster
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004, 10:47 AM
red_z06
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMP Cessna Skymaster Construction

Modifications

Instruction calls for glueing the wing tubes to the boom/center wing but this is a bad idea if you have wing damage which will bend the tube. Install tubes while glueing the boom but be sure to clear the tube area from getting glued. When dry, remove the tube.

Windows will not fit in the holes provided. It requires quite a bit of dremel work to open the opening to fit windows.

CG is stated at 103mm from leading edge. To do this, you MUST mount the rear throttle servo in the front or in the front firewall. Mount receiver battery in front of the front firewall.

I have 2 Hitec HS81 throttle servos in the front servo bay with link to back engine. With this setup, I had to switch to Sub-C 5 cell receiver pack ( for weight ) and add one 8 cell AA transmitter battery as weight in front of the firewall to balance.

Current Props are APC 14x6 tractor and pusher. Dave Brown 3 1/4 spinners ( back has to be special ordered for pusher cut and lightened )
Nose Gear is Robart Nose Strut.

The plane landed without any effort (total contrast to GP Cessna 182) like a trainer with nose high attitude. Sounds from 4 cylinders are AMAZING!!!