RCU Forums - View Single Post - EF 540T questions
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2004, 07:19 AM
Kevins_RC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EF 540T questions

I am using the CF LG on my Edge without any problem at all! I can't understand the problems outlined here regarding CF breaking, or delaminating, or ??? (I am not sure) That tells me that the there was something wrong with the resin / hardener, or they were not vacuum bagged properly. I've used the Tetherite gear on other aircraft and liked them. I used the CF on this one because they were in the shop when I needed something! I've beat the crap out of my CF gear on this A/C without any problem at all. I've used allot of CF gear without problems.

BTW - watch what modifications that you make in the tail section of this A/C and select your tail servos (weight) carefully. I changed the tail wheel assy. to a DB haige style, and went with heavy servos and a really light engine (Webra 50) with a full length header and tune pipe. This combination and set-up created allot of problems for me to get the CG to the 1" behind the spar that I wanted. I ended up adding a brass spinner nut to the nose to get the CG close, which I don't like adding a brass spinner to anything![] I've also - since - changed the tail servos to lighter servos (digitals), but still haven't been able to get rid of the brass spinner nut.

And BTW - Yeah - Yeah! I still haven't changed my avitar, this A/C has changed my opinion regarding this particular ARF - anyways! <LOL>
Kevin