RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cloud Bound 4
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 01:49 PM
Rick K
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cloud Bound 4

Yeah, it's still the time old story, 'measure twice, cut once" and "things you don't know, you learn by doing twice" The problem in our hobby with CA's and epoxy is that there's not much room for 'twices', usually you get one chance to get it right and just one mistake or misunderstanding can lead to a 'fatal' error that dooms that part of the construction leading to a expensive trip to the hobby shop to replace all the wood needed in that phase of building in order to recover.

I know Mike will be glad to hear from you, someone who's built the same plane he's working on as you know, these are not the simple kits to build as one might expect with all the pre-fab cutting thats already done for you, they do require a good amount of skill . . . Quite a bit more than I expected. I'm lucky to have most of what's needed, just need to remember it! I sure wish I could find someone like you to give me some 'pointers' I guess I'll just have to continue to rely on my experience to get through it ok.
Rick K

P.S. You ever notice that you never see all the spelling or syntax errors you make in a post untill you've already sent it, thats why you see 'edited by" subs on my posts.