RCU Forums - View Single Post - which should i get
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 07:00 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: which should i get

Apples and oranges?

The Losi Mini-T is probably a better "basher" and outdoor RC. You can also put a lot larger motor in it and make it go faster without having to know as much about motors if you wanted to break 50mph with a MMT. Why? Because about all it takes is a brushless motor, a speed control, and a 3-cell lipo battery. The bodies for the Mini-T are also cheaper then the Kyosho bodies, but they don't have as great detail.

If I didn't already own three (3) MMTs, I would purchase a 40th Anniversary Edition since it comes with numerous Kyosho option parts--I do own two (2) AE's already. Kyosho USA will also have a MMT race class for the 2005 Mini-Z-Cup. The finals will be held at 2005 RCX (Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, California, May 20-22, 2005) and I know there will be one regional qualifier in Clifton Park, New York. The Albany area for others who may be reading this post.

Before the anti-MMT and Mini-T is better than everything else posts begin, I also own a Losi Mini-T which I purchased when they first became available. I converted it to FM, using a Novak GT7, an RS300 synthesized receiver, and a HiTec HS-5125MG servo when it appeared most were still trying to figure out the 4-wire stock servo. And although it's not brushless and "only" has a Peak Racing Chubby Micro RS4 Mod Motor in it, I do own an M18 and it does have a brushless motor in it. I also looked at the Mamba last night, but the LHS didn't have the particular model I wanted.

I simply didn't make a choice since I purchase one of each. Then again, I only own 1 Mini-T and own 3 Kyosho MMTs, one of which will remain "Kyosho" only for the 2005 Mini-Z-Cup.