RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hanger 9 Ultimate.
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004, 09:12 PM
jmiracle
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hanger 9 Ultimate.

be careful on making statements like not recommending this plane because of radio problems. It is not the planes fault that you're getting glitches (which to be honest, i suspect you may be fine)....if it's anything, it's the layout of the equipment inside the plane that's causing the potential problem.

I used to work for a civil engineering firm...and I learned there (doing topo's), that the ave. person spans ~3ft per pace (give or take a little). So if you use that average at 50 paces, you're walking out 125-150ft for a ground range check.

According to the JR10x manual available on Horizon's web site...in section 13, "Daily Flight Checks", it states you should install the antenna in the radio and slowly walk away with the antenna collapsed for a distance of 60 feet. The aircraft should funtion properly both engine on and engine off at this distance.

If you're getting 100+ feet with no antenna installed at all and with engine on and engine off, then it sounds to me like there's nothing at all wrong with the plane. Go fly it and have fun!!