RCU Forums - View Single Post - Draganfly iv. Anyone flew it?Control?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004, 11:33 PM
dantesquest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Draganfly iv. Anyone flew it?Control?

Hi Phog and Pug,

Pug - Great vids. and cool stunts! I see what you mean about the sun blur. I experienced the same thing over here, but with added breakup in the picture.

Phog - I replaced the Eyecam (made by ALM) with a high-resolution version of an Ex-View (made by Sony). The transmitter I'm installing is rated at 250mw (compared to the 10mw of the Eyecam) and the receiving antenna will have a 30db gain and a much wider pattern. The new camera is also sensitive enough to shoot footage at night where the Eyecam was completely unusable. Even though the DF is said to be able to carry 4 oz, it's not nearly as maneuverable with that much payload. So, I had to redesign the power system and replace the cabling to try and shave off as much weight as possible. Once the system is mounted, I'll post some pics for you guys to see. If you're going to put together your own video system, my only advice at the moment is to purchase an electronic scale and be certain to keep the total weight as low as possible. That's been the biggest hurdle. Personally, I'm aiming for no more than 2 ounces - and less if I can manage. Most of the pre-made higher quality systems that are available are just too heavy for the DF4. I suppose that's why they offer the DF X-Pro, but at $6000 it's just ghastly.

Fly on gentlemen. [8D]