RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seagull Edge 540 (120 Size)
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 09:14 PM
ukrconsul
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seagull Edge 540 (120 Size)

The airfoil is strange it seems that it is not curved enough at least at the leading edge.
The tail wheel assembly doesn't fit properly and has to be replaced. It will not fit as it has to be - aligned with radder hinge line.
The most interesting fact about it is that in the manual there are no words at all about the tail installation but there is a tail photograph. The radder and tail wheel will be locked permanently together is you follow that recommendation (tail wheel assembly placed 40 mm forward from the hinge line). I have to scan probably it but it does not worth to talk about. Did they try to move that rudder at the time they were taking the picture in Vietnam? It is absolutely gorgeous.

I would like also to correct my remarks above about landing gear - it is 5 mm (not 3-4 mm).
Yesterday I was unfortunate enough to look through the servo cuttings into the wing from inside. All two ribs that are visible where trashed. I could only imagine what is inside the whole wing. I am not surprised now that there are a lot of post about the smaller Edge 540 (60 size) wing failure - folding. they made the fuselage quite good, but the wing is a different story - it can not be checked after covering applied - so they do it bad. i'll try it as is - i do not want to strip it and recover. I'll take my chances.
Here some photos - MVVS 1.6 gas engine and tank installations. Violet tube over the tank (the kit tank is replaced by Du-Bro, square, 16 oz) is added to hold it in place. Engine offset will be added after first flights testing.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79268.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	167227   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fb88024.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	264.8 KB
ID:	167228   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm22692.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	177.5 KB