RCU Forums - View Single Post - Supercharger for a 2-stroke
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 11:37 PM
ptechllp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Supercharger for a 2-stroke

Hello everyone,
The supercharged Saito 72 engine is my project. I have a picture posted on my website with some information on it. I will post more soon of it mounted on a plane. Glow engines are not easy to supercharge. a turbo system would not provide consistant enough displacement to maintain the compression pressure and ignition timing. This engine has an actual compression ratio of 7.85:1 The operating compression ratio is 9:1. This is where the engine and glow plug were designed to operate at. I have pumped more displacement into the engine, but have not changed its operating specifications. The platinum in the glow plug has reaction with the fuel being pressurized against it. This has been calculated so that this heat created will ignite the fuel at a specific point in the stroke. I lowered the compression ratio and increased the volume so that the pressure of the fuel against the glow plug would be in the same position as it would be normally asperated. There are many other features to this system. I will post them on my website. The supercharger is not for sale. The cost to research and develop it in 10 days cost my company over $3500. It looks sharp and you can hear the gears of the blower whine at a distance.
Thanks for your nice comments,
Troy Legner www.precision-technologies.com look under the cool jet engines link. I can't remember where I put it.