RCU Forums - View Single Post - setteling?
Thread: setteling?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2001, 02:15 PM
Steve Campbell2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default setteling?

Buckaroo,

I hear you, and mainly agree; but consider this. Before it self-destructed, RCO was THE place for INFORMATION. If you needed to know something r/c related, RCO was the place to find the answer.

Now, I do both helis and planes. Rotory.com appeared about the time RCO entered the flat spin, and recently RunRyder has gathered a large head of steam. So I have two excellent sites for heli stuff.

But I still don't have a place for plank info. Let's be very frank here; with the exception of the scale helo forum (and, I hear, the control line forum), FlightLines is just a big BS session. Sometimes you can get an answer to an obscure r/c question- sometimes not. The Model Airplane and ARF forums have gotten better recently, but you don't have the same quantity of serious modelers there that you did on the old RCO. Well, they may be there- but they aren't posting.

Having said that, I also think far too much noise is being made over there about the e-mail thing. Marc didn't get me because my e-mail is not available to be spammed. It is simply a matter of deleting that when you register. Yes, it is inconvenient if someone wants to privately contact you. So ring their bell and ask for an address or phone number.

Until he proves otherwise, I'm taking Marc at hs word; that he started this site for himself as much as anybody. I do like the features and speed, and while the registration process was a bit cumbersome, you had a CHOICE. The new RCO demanded that I provide all sorts of personal info prior to signing up. Nope; so RCO can kiss me where the sun don't shine. RCU asked for it; but allowed me to say no.

RC Showroom is about dead, and ******** (is that right?) looks to be in need of jumper cables. I hope this place flourishes and becomes the rich vein of plank info I'm looking for, in one location. I like FlightLines, but only go there when I'm feeling politically belligerent...<G> and the fact that I harvest a nugget of useful r/c info every now and then keeps me going back.

This place has definite potential; I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Steve