RCU Forums - View Single Post - Minicraft Cessna 182 Build and Flight Report
Old 10-04-2004, 02:34 AM
RustyTumbles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Minicraft Cessna 182 Build and Flight Report

I have read another review on this model and they used a megatech 46. They say it flew quite well, so I expect the OS 50sx to be more than enough power for scale flying. The model also has a semi symmetrical wing so it will be capable of a lot more than the real thing.

Anyway back to the build. The undercarriage is now completed with the wheels and wheel pants fitted up. I did have a little trouble with the fittment of wheel pants as the hardware that was supplied was different to the stuff discribed in the instructions. No big deal though, I just modified it slightly to use the supplied gear. Which ment drilling a hole in the outboard sid of the wheel pants for the extra part of the axle to poke through. Also had to find some small screws and nuts to secure the wheel pants in position as the supplied screws were to short.

The nose gear has a shock absorber in it (Much to my surprise). It is a small but stiff spring that sits between the bottom retaining collar and the bottom of the mounting point on the firewall. It has a around half inch of travel up and down. This also creates a bit of slop in the mount fore and aft. I don't think it will be to much of a problem, but something to keep an eye on.

I have know begun work on the radio gear intallation. In which I have done away with the supplied pushrods, and instead I'm using Du Bro Lazer rods on the rudder and elevators. I'm going to run two elevator servos as I've had dramas with y rods before. There is heaps of room in the fuse for them and I don't think balance will be a problem as long as I put them as far forward as possible. I will post pics of the radio install once complete.

Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81187.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	179313   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26432.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	179314