RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!
Old 10-15-2004, 11:57 PM
Kirk RC
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!

Peter, Sounds great! I just started on my fuse. The wings are waiting bottom sheeting, took a break as I wait to receive my wheels. In hinging the vert & hor stabs I didnt feel the hinge blocks glued inside the structure gave enough bite. You may want to use a thicker diameter hinge block than the supplied 1/4x1/2. I really beefed up the retract area and cut additional doublers out of 3/16ply for ribs 5&6, reinforced the LE where ribs 5&6 mate and afew other areas as well. I also finalized on theZDZ 80, With 1" standoffs it should be a perfect fit. Lastly the servo hatche covers for ailerons and flaps is 1/16" ply and flex so I laminated the inside of the hatch covers, also the ribs that the servo hatch rails sit on I strengthed with 1/8" balsa sheet doublers length wise between the main spar and the inner TE. This should make it much easier to secure the bottom sheeting plus give a better/stronger boundery arond the hatch. Just a few ideas for you to consider..
Its Friday night here in the States so better make sure the hands are free of CA!
Cheers
Kirk