RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Heart of Ohio" frequency conflicts, BPL, and other stuff
Old 10-16-2004, 10:05 PM
50+AirYears

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: "Heart of Ohio" frequency conflicts, BPL, and other stuff

Just been to the post. Sounds to me like the supposedly interference proof radio is still in the early developmental stage. It also sounds like there may be some technical issues to be addressed yet. It apparently is not yet available to general use. I will frankly only be interested in it if the price will be in the range of some of today's midrange 6 or 7 channel radios.
The discussions remind me of a guy at our field who was claiming that you could fly AM or FM radios on the same frequency along with a PCM at the same time, Went to demonstrate on another members ch21. Proved that the ch 21 fm wasn't affected by the maven's ch 21 PCM. However, it was a good thing I hadn't launched my Electra on ch 42 AM. Turns out the 21 PCM was ch 42 PCM. The Maven was wrong.
As far as SS, only time will tell. Price after it's commercially available for a couple years will be the determinate.
Saw a lot of interferrence in the early 60s on the CB channels, could even be proven by plugging in a cheap crystal earphone into the reciever output. Since we went to the 72 mhz band, it seems that unless someone on the field turned on on an in-use channel, most of the 'interference' I've seen has looked more like PE or equipment problems. Seems to me that interference from broadband would show up over a wide range of frequencies rather than a couple of frequencies over the band.