RCU Forums - View Single Post - "PARK ZONE" F27 STRYKER...MAIDEN FLIGHT
Old 10-17-2004, 07:39 PM
SC_Minh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "PARK ZONE" F27 STRYKER...MAIDEN FLIGHT

I had the same thing happen to my stryker. The fuselage ripped out right along the edge of the clear tape under the motor mount. I would recommend applying strapping tape or duct tape running from the fore to aft on the center fuselage, top and bottom, between the vertical fins. The fuselage is very thin in this area and with the motor mounted there, a hard nose first crash can cause this section to rip out. It's pretty much a clean break right along the factory applied tape edge. The extra tape will give your fuselage more tensile strength and help distribute the crash load to the thicker part of the fuselage.

A bottle of CA and strategic application of duct tape has kept my stryker flying. I love this plane.

ORIGINAL: kaikid

Crashed mine on my 1st flight!!! I've flown the ABC for about 6 months and did not have too many issues with the F-27 in the air, but the landing was another story. Came in a little too hot and did the nose in the grass thing. My engine seperated from the body along with a 3" X 4" piece of foam. The piece fit back together easy enough and i securred it with a little epoxy.
After the repaired dried, I noticed the engine is very slightly pointing to the left. My question to all who reads this winded email is how will this affect performance?