RCU Forums - View Single Post - SUPER REAPER MAIDEN FLIGHT SOON NEED ADVISES
Old 10-20-2004, 01:16 AM
SALMONBUG
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: SUPER REAPER MAIDEN FLIGHT SOON NEED ADVISES

I didn't put the bird parts on the scale yet, but I feel my hair are going to dress on my head (difficult to translate this kind of sensation in english) when I will know my final weight.

on my reaper i have

- eurokit retract (heavy) and associated valves, airtank and stuffs
- brake assembly and associated stuff
-full autostart function (involving big 6 cells 2400 mah battery, gas tank and all associated stuffs)
- dual alimentation with two 2000 Mah 6v nicad battery

the wren I builded from a kit is very healty and produce a bit more than 6 kg thrust (that's good perfo for the mw54)

I am confident with the flight of the bird itself, it has big wing aera, thick profile. It won't be a speed demon and that's what I want for my first jet.
I builded it with all those function because i wanted to have a kind of test stand of all the system involved in my future jet on a relatively basic and easy airframe

I am a bit more concerned about take of on grass field especialy when I read the coments about the wrong positioning of the main legs. My retract is positioned exactly where reeves suggest the fixed gear. I hope I'll be able to accelerate and rotate this heavy stuff

If I have to sacrifice some things to reduce my final weight, I will remove the brake system first, and if it's not enough I will remove one of the two battery and fly on a single healty RX battery and finaly if tt's not enough, I will remove the onboard starter and gas tank and start the wren with electrical external starter