RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skydiver with Static Line?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2004, 09:58 PM
wyldman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Skydiver with Static Line?

Alpha orion ,the flag caused a dirt dive the first time I tried it because it tangled in the rigging.
I found if you shorten the line on the flag and only make it long enough to reach the bottom flap of the pack, then fold the flag and lay it on the bottom flap as you close up the pack the line to the flag should not have much slack in it once you have closed the pack, when the jumper is released and his leggs move to the forward position it pulls the flag away from the rigging and everything can open without the tangle. also there is two onces of lead weight sewn in to the bottom leading edge of the flag.
It does have a nice side effect, the drag of the flag causes the chute to have alittle more negative angle and this increases forward speed, if you want to slow down just add a little flare.
A little caution should be used with the smoke generators tall dry grass does not mix well with hot smoke generators, but the fire that follows makes it alot easier to find whats left of your jumper. But I would'nt know anything about that.

Good Luck
Wyldman