RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cam For Aerobird Challenger On The Way (Many Plane Prep Questions)
Old 11-01-2004, 03:10 AM
Troglotech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cam For Aerobird Challenger On The Way (Many Plane Prep Questions)

Sorry I took so long to reply.....been out flying this weekend.....this has been the first break in the weather for quite a few days now so I took advantage of it. The bits you have ordered are fine....they will do nicely. Keep the parts close but don't go mad trying to shorten all the legs too much, within an inch will be fine.

I tried flying from another site this weekend, somewhere where I used to blap around on a motorbike when I was a teenager, the site belongs to the Army and I was pleased to see there were remnants of the old football field still in existence (although it was a lot smaller than I remember). I got a good few flights in with a little while spent retrieving the Challenger from a tree. The next day I went back and was surprised to see a couple of people flying a helicopter and a Tiger Moth. Apparently the site is hired by the Border Model Aircraft Club but they were very welcoming and friendly. They had finished for the day as the Tiger had engine problems and the Helicopter had just crashed! One of the pilots was pleased to see I had the camera fitted as he does the same (he ordered all his stuff from BlackWidowAV). They have a web site worth checking (http://www.bordermac.org.uk) as they have some aerial video shot at Bramshot (where I flew this weekend). He uses a 100mW system sporting a Panasonic GP CX161 although the video shown on their site suffers from being shot out of focus it does show the local countryside and some excellent footage of the first flight of a bi-plane.

Stopped flying on the second day due to blustery conditions returning......during the last flight the blustery conditions plucked the Challenger from the air and I ended up with it stuck into the soft ground up to the top of the canopy! Nothing broken though....those things are tough!