RCU Forums - View Single Post - SuDoKhoi
Thread: SuDoKhoi
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2001, 02:57 PM
azblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sU-dO-kOI

I fly the Su-Do-Koi...I have not flown a Fun Design or Top Cat but a few guys at the feild fly the Top Cat and it does great. Maybe even more manuverable than my Su-Do. Word has it the Knife is the best hovering of all the Morris kits. But again i have not flown anything other than a Su-Do. The guy at my feild had a Knife and said he was touching the tail on the ground in hovers. I am to the point were i can hover rock steady about eye level with the Su-Do-koi but i don't have the nads to go any lower yet..A big advantage of having a 2 stroke over a 4 stroke, is the two turns a smaller prop at higher RPM so you have less torque. If anyone does put a 4 stroke on a profile plane and want's to do the best hovers...go with a big prop with little pitch. I run a 13/5 on my Saito 80 and noticed a big differance between the 13/5 and the 13/6. As far as RPM goes im not sure but the engine is rated somwere around 11,000 RPM, i probably am close to that. My experiance is give those MVVS .40's a chance to break in very well. Mine was finiky for a while, but smoothed right out after about 30 minuts of break in and about 10 flights. Someone said they are looking to get more Morris kits...They still sell them don't they?? Morris Hobbies 281-364-8011 or www. morrishobbies.com Referance the flapperons, i would be curious to see what you guys opinions are on using them. I hover with them and without, but it seems to do better with them. Other that that, dang this is a long post. Sorry

Andy