RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seaplane pictures
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2004, 07:00 PM
magyarbacsi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seaplane pictures

The Mariner and Seamonster have a similar hull in that they both have a v shape bow and while that adds to stability while in the water, I think it produces extra drag. I for one did not like how long it took to get the Mariner off water. The Seamaster on the other hand has a flat bottom and gets up on plane fast, breaks the surface and a slight up will lift it off. Very happy picture. The Mariner took a lot of up elevator while the Seamastr jut a touch, hold it and lift off. Both the Seamaster and Monster have the same wing. Shorter by a couple of inches than the Mariner, but has a wider cord which I think gives it better lift.

If you get the Seamaster, the best price is at Towerhobbies, $200. HobbyPeople have the Monster for $179. just got one a few weeks ago but is still in the box.

I dont know your flying skill, but I used to fly many many yrs ago and have not flown for over 5 yrs. I had trouble with the Mariner (while other have not) getting it off the water and having a decent flight was hit-and-miss. The Semaster, got it up the first time, did several touch-n-gos and had a satisfying day.