RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEGATIVE FEEDBACK: Northeast Sailplane Products
Old 11-28-2004, 09:12 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NEGATIVE FEEDBACK: Northeast Sailplane Products

ORIGINAL: GWR

...he wouldn't have taken the money until the back ordered items were shipped. That's the way all the others, the honest one's, that's how they do it. So I want mine NOW so I can go elsewhere.
I would not go as far as saying he is a crook. C'mon. A crook would take your money and leave you with nothing and never issue you a refund or any other option except hit the road. Depending on the business some will take your money while having items on backorder while others won't. Just depends.

Before you assume that their intention was to upset you as the customer you should speak with them and I am certain they will accomodate whatever your wishes are to the best of their ability.

I had ordered a table for my kitchen for a sizable chunk of money 2 months ago. The company took my money and then delivered a busted table which I refused to accept. They put another one on order which was supposed to come in within 8 weeks (which it did) but they still had all my money while on backorder. This does not make them disreputable though. They are a large regional and reputable company. It is just the way some do business.

What you need to ask or check with any company if this is an issue for you is what their policy is on backordered items or out of stock/discontinued items. I've seen so many people upset about these sorts of things based on their "expectations" which may not match a certain companies policy. What it means is that nobody is wrong here. You just need to align your expectations in advance so you don't set yourself up for a letdown.

I've spoken to Sal before and as pointed out above they are not a 500 employee conglomerate company. I am sure his intentions are to make customers satisfied so you come back to him over and over and recommend him and nesail. Why would he possibly strive for anything else? With only a couple emplyees you have to realize that an instant response all the time is not always possible 100% of the time for some small companies.