Old 12-06-2004, 08:56 PM
going vert
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Got off the phone with Chris earlier today, and the Yaks will be here soon. They are coming in two waves - air and sea. Not sure how many are coming in each wave. I've arranged to meet with two other builders to slam this Yak out in one day. My Yak will be done before the end of the year, if all goes well. I don't know when the sea shipped Yaks will arrive....

I will be creating a web site with building and flying tips specifically for this plane. I plan to post videos of this plane flying all the IMAC sequences and lots of freestyle. In fact, the site will even give people an opportunity to host video of them flying the 87"er. I'll post directions on how to upload your Yak videos soon.

I know there is another thread on this plane, but I wanted to start fresh. There is too much back and forth about other Yaks. Let's leave that subject alone and talk about the EF Yak.

This is what I'm buying today, per Chris' recommendation.
(4) 1.5" servo arms - heavy duty for the elevator & ailerons. I bought my stuff from Scott at SWB today.
(1) 3" servo arm - heavy duty for the rudder
(2) 24" HD extensions for the elevators
(2) 12" HD extensions for the ailerons
(1) 24" HD extension for the throttle
For those of you running the KS 1060 tuned pipe, Chris has a mounting technique that requires 2-3' of +/- 1/4" ID fuel tubing from Dubro with a tie wrap in that length. I have not found the Dubro product number yet for the tubing.
(1) 2200 Battery + regulator - I'm going to buy some Fromeco stuff.
(1) 4400 Battery + regulator

Plus all the other stuff, motor, prop, radio gear,etc...

My website for this plane will be http://extremeflightyak.shutupandfly.com/. This site will be full of information after the plane goes together. Stay tuned....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19881.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	359.1 KB
ID:	200147