RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-51 4 blade prop?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 05:20 PM
voyager_663rd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P-51 4 blade prop?

ORIGINAL: HybridVW

ORIGINAL: dragoonpvw

What RPM are you turning on the RCV, they reccomend the 15.5X12 4 blade and no wood so I am wondering how the engine is handling the load. I would be interested to hear as I often consider the RCV for my smaller planes but wasnt tempted yet. The reccomended 15 inch prop just wassn't worth the effort but if the engine can handle the load who knows.
Thanks
PaulIt would work nice for a small Hurricane with a 19 inch 3 blader.
Thanks
Paul
Sat. when I fired it up for the first time since I folded the gear, it turned 4000 rpm without tweaking the mixture, I believe when I flew it it turned 4400-4600, but that was over a year ago- it was about 200 rpm shy of what RCV predicted it would be. I didn't get to tune it on Sat. because when I started to actually tune it (after taxiing around the driveway), the barrel nut (part of the prop shaft extention) sheared and the prop flew 70+ feet across my front yard[X(]. I'm working on a TF Corsair now and am hoping to run a 19" 3 blade, but I'm sure an 18" would be fine. I'm sure this isn't the best prop for performance, but it looks good and so far, seems to do fine flying the plane (from the one flight I have on it).

see you are from Graham use to live out there off of 224 .I am now in mc cleary.DO you fly out at the rainer club
I've never flown at any of the local clubs. I grew up on the Kapowsin airport, so that's where I fly
You going to put "what" in your TF corsair? Not the rcv120 I would think. Biggest would be the rcv90 and there, the 15" 3 blade is what's called for.

What are u putting in the TF ?