RCU Forums - View Single Post - Temptation Wings
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 08:52 AM
lems
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Temptation Wings

I've got a two Temptation wing sets, one pre-sheeted and one is just the cores. The pre-sheeted set fits a PBG carbon tube perfectly, but is very tight with the supplied aluminum tube. I am building the plane with the carbon tube. For some reason, the center section is a great fit on the aluminum tube, but loose on the carbon tube. I fixed this by wrapping the center section of the carbon tube in one layer of packing tape.

Here is my theory. When the wings are built, the pressure exerted on the cores during sheeting may SLIGHTLY deform the phenolic socket, making the aluminum tube difficult to fit. Or, maybe some of the glue used for the socket permeates the socket and swells it just a bit.

However, I have another situation that doesn't fit those theories. I have a 2M NOVA built with an aluminum tube. I flew it with this tube and it worked fine. To save weight, I began using a carbon tube, and have for about two years. Now the aluminum tube will not go into the wings. I haven't come up with an explanation for that one yet.